Social media and building your brand online is becoming increasingly more important as companies realize their target candidates are in that audience. A vast number of adults access the internet only through their smart phones, and with that comes a use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. So how do you attract these social media savvy candidates to your agency? Here are 7 tips to get you started.
- Offer insight into working with your agency. Show your current applicants and potential candidates a little behind the scenes of working with you. You can share a day in the life or special events that are happening with your office.
- Show them what makes your company culture stand out. With so many staffing agencies to choose from, it is also important to demonstrate what makes you different. You can use social media to showcase your office culture.
- Provide helpful industry news. While you’re sharing personal information about your company and the people who work for you, make sure you’re also sprinkling in important information about your industry. Staffing, yes, but also any industries you specialize in.
- Share news about things in your community. A lot of recruiting companies staff in their local area rather than around the country. If this is you, use your social media to connect with the community. Share events happening that might be of interest to your candidates.
- Post informative “how to” information. Another draw for potential employees is access to “how-to” information to help them with their job search. Share posts on how to write a resume, how to interview, or how to negotiate a salary.
- Ask questions for engagement. Social media works best when it is a conversation. You want your audience to interact with you. So ask questions to encourage your followers to respond and begin a dialog. This also encourages sharing of your information.
- Talk about your open jobs. And, of course, we can’t forget the most important use of social media. Be sure to talk about your open jobs. This needs to be interspersed with the other 6 concepts, but with the right level of engagement, it will be an effective tool.
What social media platforms are you using to help you hire?
About Anserteam Workforce Solutions
The ANSER to your North American workforce management needs starts with A-Team solutions. Anserteam is the alliance of North American staffing and employment resources. Since 2004, Anserteam has grown to service over 1,500 locations across the United States and Canada. Are you a best-in-class staffing firm looking to increase your client base and secure a greater market share? Find out how to become part of Anserteam. Contact us to learn more.